Film Club Activity:
PDM also has archive of hundreds of documentary films and short films in sixteen categories like wildlife, birds, biodiversity of lakes, rivers, wetlands and oceans, forest, nature, environment, water, land and agriculture, sustainable development, energy, solid waste management, sanitation, climate change, eco-friendly festivals, pollution (air, water, sound, e-waste, radiation-health, food pollution), animation films, people and poverty. These films are mainly in hindi, marathi and english. These films are screened during film festivals, awareness talks in schools, colleges, in PDM offices etc. These films are collected by organising film festivals every year.
- Vasundhara short film competition of three days is one such major film festival that is a joint effort of PDM and MPCB (Maharashtra Pollution Control Board) organised every year since 2008. PDM has named this Film Festival as Aapala Paryavaran Laghupat Mahotsav. Every year films from professional and amateur category are screened at Yashwantrao Chavan, Nariman Point or Ravindra Natya Mandir, Dadar. This festival is attended by the participating filmmakers, students and nature lovers. Guidance and help is also provided to make environmental short films. It is inaugurated by Chief Minister, State Ministers and other dignitaries of MPCB also attend inauguration ceremony. Winners are felicitated by cash prize, trophies and certificates and local newspapers cover this event. Many institutions, people have participated in these film festivals. Eight Film festivals were conducted from the past eight years.
- Since 2009 a huge film festival of three days for school students is arranged at Gadkari Rangaytan, Thane since 2009. Every year the theme of the festival changes and around 6,000 students attend it and is always a huge success. This year the theme was solid waste management, water conservation, last year it was wildlife and previous to that birds. Every year films from CMS Vatavaran (Environment and Wildlife Film Festival, India Habitat Centre, New Delhi) are added to the film archives. PDM is also associated with Centre for Science and Environment (CSE) from the past sixteen years and have multiple films of this organisation in its archives.
- Kaushalya Hospital, Thane had provided their auditorium in the year 2013 for film festival which would be organised on second Saturday of every month.
- PDM (Kalyan and Dombivli branch) have conducted two film festivals from the past two years with the support of Rotary Club, Inner Wheel and Kalyan Mahila Mandal.
- PDM organised a film festival at Aarey Colony to promote the message of Save Aarey, which was a joint effort with the Save Aarey team at Goregaon. The films from PDM archives were screened for local Aarey crowd and students from various schools, which got an excellent response.